US University Consultant – Full-Time Position
Make a Difference: ESM Prep is hiring a bright, motivated, and personable University Consultant. Apply at www.esmprep.com/join
Opening date: 5 June 2020
Closing date: 2 July 2020
ESM Prep is an educational services firm seeking an energetic and engaging University Consultant excited to work at the intersection of education and business.
The University Consultant will assist students as young as 9th grade in their search and application process to American universities. This includes guiding the family through academic and extracurricular selections and through the university research process, supporting students with writing essays and applications, supporting students in preparation for standardised tests.
In addition, the University Consultant will spearhead growth of ESM business through networking, cultivating relationships, and fostering partnerships.
We are seeking an exceptional person to continue growing our team of educational professionals in the London area.
We consider ourselves mentors because we prioritize holistic development of each of our students. All applicants should be passionate about working with youth and should have previous experience teaching, consulting, and/or coaching.
- 3+ years experience with American university consulting or university admissions
- Experience as US college counselor in a British Independent School
- Advanced understanding of the modern university search and application process, including first-hand experience with the Common Application
- Experience with guiding students through standardised admissions tests, such as ACT/SAT
- Bachelor’s degree from an Ivy League university
- Operational experience within a tutoring company
- Based in London or willing to relocate asap
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to travel at least 15-30 minutes for counseling sessions
- Interested in counseling for the next 1-2 years at a minimum
- Internet access
The applicant needs to be based in London or willing to relocate. The majority of our sessions are held in the student’s home; however, we have a learning center near Paddington Station in London where we regularly host sessions with students. We also work with students online, and are currently servicing all sessions online during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Full-Time University Consultants are compensated based on location and experience. Total annual compensation for full-time employees typically ranges from £55,000 – £75,000.
How To Apply
Please visit our Join the Team page to apply. You will need to submit your resume, fill out our questionnaire, and complete a 1-2 minute video cover letter. Partial applications will not be considered.